is there a place I can get just the cvs executable for OSX as a standalone binary?
I don't want to go through the whole rigamarole of having to download XCode just to get cvs, which I don't use, except the source for flickrj is only published via a cvs repository.
Files with the same name in a TextMate project
Remembering terminal states in OS X (like Fluid for the shell…)
Mac OS X terminal killall won't kill running process
All links below dead, and the below instructions only appear to work pre OS X Mavericks..
What options exist on Mac OS X for software that makes architectural diagrams? [closed]
This answer on apple.stackexchange.com appears to solve the issue using 3rd party package managers..
Word 2008 macro to SVN ADD current document
Eclipse RCP on OSX - How to stop logging to syslog?
Not sure what happened to the other posts:.
Use rsync to copy only hidden files
- Version Control with CVS on Mac OSX
- Xcode is on the DVD that came with your mac.
Are there any API to turn on DXVA in Mac OSX
ref Apple Xcode Installation Guide.
- Boot into a partition with Mac OS X v10.5 (Leopard) installed.
- Insert the Mac OS X v10.5 (Leopard) Install DVD.
- Double-click the file XcodeTools.mpkg, located inside the directory Optional Installs/Xcode Tools.
brew tap homebrew/dupes # cvs is on the homebrew-dupes repository.
brew install cvs
The CVS project is now at nongnu.org/cvs/.
- Start installation of xcode from App Store
- Have lunch
xcrun cvsat the command prompt and - well - enjoy cvs...
for newer versions of Xcode.
no moving xcode from place to place! =).